Cell Culture Manufacturing Technician
Bio X Cell is the world’s leading supplier of functional monoclonal antibodies used for in vivo preclinical studies in animal models. Our antibodies are well established and have extensive publication records. Since 1997, Bio X Cell has been manufacturing high quality antibodies for biomedical research in our beautiful headquarters in Lebanon, NH – gateway to the Green and White Mountains. Bio X Cell is seeking a professional individual with high energy and a great personality for a position as Cell Culture Manufacturing Technician in our fast-paced, team oriented environment. This position is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a dynamic and growing biotech company and play an integral role in the success of Bio X Cell’s mission to provide the preclinical research community the high quality antibodies they need.
We are currently seeking a Cell Culture Manufacturing Technician who will be responsible for the general support of the Fermentation Department. Above and beyond the technical responsibilities of this position; the ideal candidate will exhibit excellent communication skills, be able to work with a diverse set of employee styles and will be a self-starter, motivated to excel within their department and to collaborate with other groups as needed. This is a full time position with a working shift of Friday through Tuesday (must work weekends).
- Perform mammalian cell culture daily duties such as determining cell density using a hemocytometer, feeding and adjusting the pH of cell cultures, freezing and thawing cell lines. Prepare solutions and media additions, as necessary.
- Assist with Fermentation equipment maintenance and supply restock. Including moving media supply as necessary. Maintain and clean laboratory equipment. Assist in the maintenance of gas resupply and liquid nitrogen dewars.
- Assist with Safety Management in the lab and assist in writing up guidelines for safety following OSHA guidelines. Follow Fermentation protocols as written. Assist in the regular review and update of Fermentation protocols.
- Provide support to Fermentation and any other projects as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Wash & autoclave glassware and tubing.
- Provide PTO coverage to other members of the fermentation department.
- Attend morning department meetings as requested, and any other duties as required.
- Follow all Safety Guidelines as required by Bio X Cell, handle hazardous materials appropriately as dictated by the SDS, and wear the appropriate PPE provided by Bio X Cell.
- Know the location of safety shower, eye wash stations and safety data sheets.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts/ Bachelor of Science in relevant technology
- 2+ years of laboratory experience
- Skilled in mammalian cell culture technique (adherent or suspension cell culture) and aseptic processing
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, dependable, and a team player
- Must also have problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills and able to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Must have strong organizational, documentation, and communication skills
What Bio X Cell has to offer:
- Very competitive compensation with paid holidays and PTO
- Employer paid premiums for medical and dental insurance
- Access to an extremely generous 401(k)-retirement plan with company match
- Charitable gift matching
- A comfortable, friendly, safe and fun work environment
- Many fun company events, and epic holiday parties
- A paid Community Participation Program